Sauna heater installation
Preparing for sauna heater installation
Check the following before installing the sauna heater:
- The ratio of the heater's input (kW) and the sauna room's volume (m3). Volume/input recommendations are presented in Table 1 on page 8. The minimum and maximum volumes must not be exceeded.
- The sauna room ceiling must be min 1900 mm high.
- Uninsulated and masonry stone walls extend the preheating time. Each square metre of plastered ceiling or wall surface adds 1.2 m3 to the sauna room's volume.
- Check page 9. Table 2 section for a suitable fuse size (A) and the correct diameter of the power supply cable (mm²) for the sauna heater in question.
- Conform to the specified safety clearance around the sauna
Follow the safety clearance specifications when installing the sauna heater. Thin panel is not a suitable mounting base. The mounting base must be reinforced with timber behind the panel. The minimum clearances specified must be followed also in case the sauna room wall materials are incombustible.
Walls or ceilings must not be clad with fibre-reinforced plaster board or other light-weight cladding, because they may cause a fire hazard.
A single sauna heater is allowed per a sauna room.