Important Safety Instructions for Steam Generator AT and 3T
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
- WARNING - To reduce the risk of injury, do not permit children to use this product unless they are closely supervised at all times.
- WARNING - To reduce the risk of injury:
- The wet surfaces of steam enclosures may be slippery. Use care when entering or leaving.
- The steam head is hot. Do not touch the steam head and avoid the steam near the steam head.
- Prolonged use of the steam system can raise excessively the internal human body temperature and impair the body’s ability to regulate its internal temperature (hyperthermia). Limit your use of steam to 10 - 15 minutes until you are certain of your body’s reaction.
- Excessive temperatures have a high potential for causing fetal damage during the early months of pregnancy. Pregnant or possibly pregnant women should consult a physician regarding correct exposure.
- Obese persons and persons with a history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems, or diabetes should consult a physician before using a steambath.
- Persons using medication should consult a physician before using a steambath since some medication may induce drowsiness while other medications may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation.
- WARNING - Hyperthermia occurs when the internal temperature of the body reaches a level several degrees above the normal body temperature of 98.6 degrees F. The symptoms of hyperthermia include an increase in the internal temperature of the body, dizziness, lethargy, drowsiness and fainting. The effect of hyperthermia include:
- Failure to perceive heat:
- Failure to recognize the need to exit the steambath:
- Unawareness of impending risk:
- Fetal damage in pregnant women:
- Physical inability to exit the steambath: and
WARNING - The use of alcohol, drugs or medication can greatly increase the risk of hyperthermia.